INDUSTRIAL HYDRAULICS & PNEUMATICS
|Pneumatics & Electro-Pneumatics System||A setup of Pneumatics & Electro Pneumatics, Christiani Germany |
A setup of Pneumatics & Electro Pneumatics ,FESTO, Germany
|Hydraulics & Electro-Hydraulics System||A setup of Hydraulics & Electro Hydraulics, FESTO, Germany.|
|Fluid Sim Software||Software for simulation of circuits of Pneumatics & Hydraulics.|
|Easy Port Switch||Easy port switch by FESTO|
PNEUMATICS & ELECTRO PNEUMATICS
Pneumatics is the branch of Science which deals with the properties of Air, behavior of air and force applied by air. In this setup there are different types of components involved such as, compressor, Directional control valve, Flow control valve, Linear actuators such as Double acting cylinder & single acting cylinder, Solenoid valve, banana cables, switch box, relay box and so many. Electro Pneumatics is controlled by Electrical action with the help of air pressure. In this setup also there are different types of components.
HYDRAULICS & ELECTRO HYDRAULICS
Hydraulics is deals with the properties of liquid such as oil which is applied at high pressure to get the linear motion. There are different applications of Hydraulics as Hydraulic lifts, hydraulic cranes, in vehicle brakes, and so on. Likewise Electro hydraulics is controlled by Electricity with the help of oil pressure. FESTO is a German company which provided us the software called FluidSIMin which students can design different circuits used in Industrial Applications. In this setup also there are different components which include different valves, cylinders, electric switches, relays and so on.
FLUIDSIM (PNEUMATICS & HYDRAULICS)
For more than 20 years, FluidSIM has been the world's leading circuit diagram design and simulation program for pneumatics, hydraulics, and now also for electrical engineering. Being able to freely design control systems is motivating, and promotes creativity and focus. Beyond that, FluidSIM provides teachers with a wealth of text, images, and videos for multimedia-based lesson planning. Experience real-time simulations with apprentices, specialists, or students and celebrate successful learning at all levels. Following are some interesting features of FluidSIM.
- Interactive simulation.
- Virtual measuring devices
- Extensive Library.
- Intuitive User Interface.
- Lightining fast simulation.
- Failure models and diagnosis
- Complete didactic materials.
EASY PORT SWITCH
EasyPort USB – An interface for measuring, open-loop control, closed-loop control. Connects the simulation to the real world. The principle is simple: the USB interface is connected to the PC. The connection to the automation equipment is via standard SysLink connectors.
APPLICATIONS OF PNEUMATICS & HYDRAULICS
- Used to drive both linear and rotary actuators.
- Assembly systems
- Application of Pneumatics systems is widely in industrial robots
- Used in the brake system of automobiles, railway coaches, wagons and printing presses
- Medical equipment and logic controlling operations.
- Hydraulic brakes
- power steering systems
- aircraft flight control systems
- In lifts
- In excavators
- Basics of Industrial Pneumatics & Hydraulics.
- Students will get Hands on Practice on all the core equipment of Industrial Hydraulics & Pneumatics.
- Knowledge of properties of air, how to deal with the air pressure.
- Students will be able to design different circuits by solving word problems.
- Simulation of different circuits on software FluidSIM.
Primary power supply: 230 VAC, 50 Hz
Internal voltage level: 24 V DC
Required air supply: min. 6 bar, max 10 bar
Average air consumption: approx. 10 l/min
Note: For system operation a suitable air supply is required.
INDUSTRIAL PNEUMATICS COMPONENTS:
5/2 Double solenoid valve
Flow control valve
Double acting cylinder
Filter Regulator Unit
Pneumatic Limit switch
Time delay valve